Sunday, September 7, 2008

Honda FIT

A colleague of mine recently bought a new Honda FIT and told me one day he will take me for a ride in his car and we could take some pictures of his car. Weeks have passed but the invitation never comes!

Finally, on Friday evening I received a sms from him asking whether I would like to go out to take some pictures on Saturday. He did not tell me he was going to drive, I thought he just wanted to try out the new Panasonic LX3 camera he bought early in the week hence I arranged to meet him on Saturday 2pm at Burlington Square. I was early so I bought myself a drink and sat in the Burger King to wait for him. As I was sipping on my drink I saw a White Honda FIT drives in to the passenger pick up roundabout. At the very moment my mobile ring and I knew it was my friend's car.

As I got into the car, my impression was it is quite a spacious car! I'm quite a big guy, the car seat feel comfortable and there is lots of leg room for me to stretch out my legs! There next thing I noticed was there is a nice big sun roof that lets in much lights to brighten the interior of the car. Although there's a fixed glass panel when the sun roof is opened, I think it is good enough for Singapore's hot weather.

We went to small road along Club Street and parked the car there to take some pictures. The Honda FIT has a wedged shape front from the roof of the car down to the bonnet. The body contour looks sporty and it’s a nice a car to drive around town. I did not get a chance to drive the car so I could not comment on the handling but the ride is smooth and comfortable. My friend said the back seats could be flattened to convert into a spacious carriage. Cool, if you have lots of baggage or transporting your stuffs around. Hmmm, maybe I could book his car when I'm moving house!

Here are some pictures of my friend's car. I was rather lazy to change lens therefore the pictures posted here are taken solely with my 85mm lens. Thanks Joe for the ride!









No comments: