Thursday, September 11, 2008

Back In Perspective

After struggling with APS-C cameras with a 1.5x factor for the last few years I'm glad that I'm finally getting back the familiar 35mm perspective with my new Nikon D700 camera! Even though I missed the extended (1.5x) telephoto end of an APS-C camera, I'm happy to be able to use all my big f-stop fixed-focal lenses in it original focal length. If I needed the extra reach on my telephoto lens I could always fall back on my D300 camera.

The D700 feels very solid and the rubberised exterior provides a more secure grip. The viewfinder is bright and clear and the various adjustment buttons are well layout (at least to me). It has a built-in flash with 24mm coverage that goes well with my favourite Nikon AFS 24-85mm lens. The noise level is rather low even at ISO up to 6400. I have a big hand therefore I feel more comfortable with the MB-D10 attached.

The only complaint for me is its weight. The D700 is much heavier than my Nikon D300 and with a 70-200f2.8 lens attached, it is quite a load to carry around! Well, I just bought my D700 last Saturday and I have only shoot about 400+ pictures as of yesterday therefore my opinion is limited to all that was mentioned above. If there's any new discovery along the way, I will put it in my future blog.

No comments: