Sunday, August 31, 2008

Good Morning Batam

On Saturday, 30th August 2008, I woke up as usual at 6am. The only different is I'm not home in Singapore, I'm in Batam for our annual company trip and the local time is only 5am in the morning!

As I step out to the balcony to get some fresh air and to do my daily morning stretching exercises, a few of the resort workers were already busy cleaning the pool and sweeping the compound. By the time I finished my exercises, the sun is slowing creeping over the distance mountain top, creating an orange cast in the sky. The sunlight falling on the resort building gave it a warm glow and the distance trees look beautiful silhouetted against the orange skies.

Being a nature lover and photography enthusiast, I couldn't help but rush to get my camera to snap some pictures. By then, my colleague and room mate, Ben Sim is also awake. I took a quick shower and we went down to seaside to take more pictures.

The magical hour between 6.45am to about 8am is best for nature photography. The air is fresh, the lighting is constantly changing and the birds are very active searching for food and chirping away. There are vast photo opportunities for the early risers!

Following are some pictures I took on that beautiful morning.















8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... how come this year never bunk with Alfred?

Chris Ting said...

This year we bunk with our team mates. Alfred is not in my team therefore not bunking with me : )

Anthony said...

Chris,

Wow, it so nice to see the eagle so close.
it must be a very relax weekend for you right ?

Thanks for sharing.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,
Yes, it was fun but the stay was too short : )

Edwin said...

Wa so beautiful! Did you do any adjustment on the photos.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Uncle,
Yes, I under-exposed the pictures slightly in Photoshop so the colour looks richer.

VeryBubbly...Always Bubbly...Bubbly 4ever said...

Hey Chris

Just lurve your photos man, I tried to look out for birds during my visit to Henderson wave, but no lei...cannot see or captured any birds in my camera. Sob...!
How's the trip in Batam?
Missed the company trips in GfK man! :)

Chris Ting said...

Hi Peg,
What wind blow you here?
Go to HortPark I think there got more birds because there got more
trees.
Batam trip is great, now got more people and lots of new faces!
Your company also got a lot of events, enjoy with your colleagues lah!
When the baby is out must sms us ya! Take care!