Saturday, September 13, 2008

Oldies but Goodies

I have often heard my mum and some older folks telling me how good things were in the olden days. Some said "the bread doesn't taste as good as it used to be in the past...". Others said "things nowadays do not last as long as it used to be...".

On a Sunday morning, I walked past the Parliament House and I noticed there were some vintage cars on display along the Singapore River walk way. Out of curiosity, I walked over to have a look at what's going on. It was an event organised by vintage cars club to bring vintage car lovers together and to share their passion for collecting vintage cars and to show case their collections to the public.

As usual, I took out my camera and started shooting away. These cars were very well maintained and the chromed parts were all very well polished. Some of these cars were built way before I was born and still it is in such good condition! I believed if the owners or the new owners of these cars continue to maintain their cars in these tip-top conditions, these cars will still be around long after I'm gone!

I can't help but recall what the older folks used to say about how lasting things (cars etc) were in the past and these are some live examples to proof their statements are true. Hmmm, maybe someday through genetic alterations and human body-parts re-engineering, we human could last forever too!















No comments: