Sunday, July 8, 2007

Tranquility


I often hear people complaining that Singapore is so small, there's no place to go where we could escape the hassel and bussel of city life. Question is do we really look hard enough to find THE place where there's tranquility or serenity?

Luckily for me, a place where I could find tranquility, serenity, calmness and peacefulness is only about 10 minutes walk from my house.
I usually go for a long jog during holidays or over the weekends and without fail I always end my jog at this little corner of Singapore. Over here, I could enjoy the light evening breeze to cool off after my jogging.


Occasionally, if you are attentive enough, you could hear a popping sound on the calm water surface caused by fishes. A trail of ripple would follows after it. There's also sparrows flying close to the mirror-like lake as if to check out their own reflection on this big body of water.

Although, it is hard to catch a spectacular sunset over the horizon in Singapore because there are too many clouds in our sky, on a relatively clear sunny day, one could enjoy a spectacle orangy dusk sky mirroring on the calm water surface just after the sun set behind the clouds. This fleeting transitory period from brightness to darkness is what I would call "the magical hour" and it is the best time for photography.


Unfortunately, there are now more and more visitors to the park and I could see litters on the ground and empty plastic bottes and soft drink can floating on the water surface. If the menance contiunes, someday the peace and tranquility of this little paradise will perish. At present I could still find enough room to distance myself from the noisy crowd. Hopefully, the park authority could setup measures to prevent those unscrupulous individuals from detroying this park.

8 comments:

Edwin said...

Beautiful pictures. 你不是说不会写文章吗?原来还写得不错,加油!

Chris Ting said...

谢谢!我会加油把文章写好。

Nicole Hah said...

这里真的是新加坡吗?好美唷!

一个本来很平凡的地方,但是却被你的摄影拍的好像人间仙境似的!

加油唷!

Anonymous said...

beautiful shots of beautiful sceneries.

weyy! dun write in chinese characters lei...i cant read :'(


~sherry

Chris Ting said...

Hi, Nicole and Sherry, thank you very much for your kind comment on my photography!

Sherry don't worry, I write mostly in English because my Mandarin is very poor too!

VeryBubbly...Always Bubbly...Bubbly 4ever said...

Hi Chris,

I must say that's realli a gd start. The photos are great & I definitely miss seeing u holding ur camera. Keep up the gd work & looking forward to see u blog more often ok!!!
Take care & see u soon!

Cheery,
Peggy

Chris Ting said...

Hi Peggy, thanks for visiting and your kind comments. I will try my best to post more interesting articles and pictures.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Winnie