Sunday, July 29, 2007

NDP 07 Preview

Our once a year National Day celebration is here again. Like every other years I will take my camera to take some pictures. Last year I was very lucky to be able to attend a preview and the actual day parade at the National Stadium. This year my luck is totally out, I get no preview ticket or actual day ticket, sigh!

Hmmm, maybe I’m not that unlucky after all. This year the parade is held on a man made platform on Marina Bay and I’m working in one of the high rise building in Shenton Way. Luckily for me there’s a garden just outside our office on the 22nd floor. Even though I could have a clear view of the performances or the fireworks, I could still view my favourite fly-pass by the Singapore Air Force and some of the performances from high above and away from the maddening crowds.

Here are some pictures that I took last evening from the comfy our office garden.




















































































































































14 comments:

Edwin said...

拍得非常好,希望国庆当天,你还有更多更好的作品,加油!

Eileen said...

哇!拍得很美又清晰。

Margaret said...

Hi Chris

Your uncle 子干 has asked me to come here to view these photos which u have taken at last Saturday's NDP Preview. Wow! good job, indeed all very well taken with good photography standard. I believe u are using the professional camera. My photos and yours 简直是大巫见小巫,哈哈!I've also taken some lousy photos with my autofocus digital camera afar from 51st storey of Swisstel The Stamford. Anyway I think using the eyes to feast the actual live performance is always better than anything else.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Uncle, I will try my best!

Chris Ting said...

Thanks for your kind comment, Eileen!

Chris Ting said...

Hi Margaret, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments! I took the pictures with a Nikon D200. Initially I thought of booking a room at the Swissotel but the price put me off : )

Anthony said...

hi chris;

your photo is very clear, may I know which camera brand did you use...

any particular brand is your favourite...

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,
I'm using a Nikon D200 with a Nikon 18-200 for the fly pass. The rest on the water front are taken with either a Nikon 300f4 or 300f4+Nion1.7x teleconverter.
I do not have any favourite brand, I started off with Nikon so I stick with Nikon. Too costly to change to another system.

Anthony said...

Hi chris;

actually how many camera did you have ???

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,
Last count was 38. Few of it are even older than me!

Anthony said...

Hi chris;

I think this have become 1 of your assets already....

what can you recommand for a new comer in photo taking and advise....

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony, for a start, probably you could consider a Canon 400D or a Nikon D40X. These are entry level DSLRs that cost around 1.2K. These systems (Canon & Nikon)will allow you to expand on in future. If you would like read some review, you could go to www.dpreview.com, they have very detailed write-up and comparisons.

Anthony said...

are you going to the fire works display on the 17th and 18th aug....

Chris Ting said...

Very likely will go....