Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nuremberg Ginger Bread

About a month ago, my company's HQ in Germany organised a photo competition and all employees around the world were invited to take part in the competition. Twelve photographs will be selected to be featured in our organisation's 2010 calendar. The participating country, whose photo is being selected, will receive some Nuremberg Ginger Bread and some calendars that we can give to our clients.

After reading the terms and conditions of the competition, I began by drafting out my ideas and presented the drafts to my colleagues because I needed them to pose for me. After much persuasion, I managed to get a few colleagues to be my models. I'm really grateful to the colleagues who spend their precious lunch time, taking time off their busy schedules and spending their personal time after work to pose for me! The colleagues who modeled for me were Ms. Jane Lim, Ms. Jessie Lim, Ms. Shirleen Kok, Ms. Denise Zhuang, Ms. Sherry Safarina, Ms. Nancy Neo and Ms. Janice Lee. Thank you all!

I would also like to thanks my Hong Kong colleague, Mr. William Chan, for encouraging me to participate in the competition and then setting the link between the photo competition organiser and myself to get my photos uploaded to the Germany server! Thanks, William!

In total, 16 countries took part in the photo competition and my photo is one of the twelve that were being selected for our 2010 calendar. I'm delighted to receive the Nuremberg Ginger Bread in a beautiful box today. There are assortments of ginger bread in the box. The calendars will be sent to us at a later date.

Here are some pictures of the ginger bread that I received today. If you would like to see the photos I took for the photo competition, kindly go to the following URL:
http://ctsm88.smugmug.com/Friends/Colleagues/9794932_cPHyA#664710492_3SzPh







6 comments:

Bear said...

Looks fun. So which is the winning picture?

Chris Ting said...

Yeah, I can't wait for to see the calendar. The one got selected is Sherry and Denise outside our office garden. It is no. 42 on my Smugmug website.

Bear said...

Must show we the calendar when you get it!

Chris Ting said...

Sure, Winnie-san.

Anthony said...

Chris,

With your skill with camera, you sure win something out of it....congrat.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your kind comments!
I guess its because I select the right person for the photo shoot.
I ask my Malay colleague who is wearing a Turdun to pose with another Chinese. I guess the European want to see different races so they pick my photo for the calendar : )