Sunday, November 15, 2009

My Saturday @ Orchard

The ION shopping centre on Orchard has been opened for a couple months now. I have always wanted to check it out but I always have some other things came up and I did not make it down to ION until yesterday.

It is very easy to access by MRT. Just take the MRT to Orchard station and you can walk into ION after the ticketing machine. The crowds on the basement levels were overwhelming and I find the layout quite confusing, well maybe I'm not a seasoned shopper! Personally, I preferred the upper levels where all the branded shops are located. There were lesser crowds and it is much easier to walk around but of course the goods are too expensive for me! I guess the shop I enjoyed most in ION is the Prologue book store on the 4th floor. I spend around 2 hours plus in book store to check out the variety of books and stationeries on the 5th floor.

After ION, I went to the more familiar Takashimaya to buy some stuff from ART Friend and then took some pictures of the Christmas lights up with my Panasonic LX3 camera. I use a Cross filter on my LX3 to create the cross effect on lightings and being lazy, I took all the following pictures hand-held without a tripod. Surprisingly, the pictures did not turn out shaky!
































2 comments:

Edwin said...

Chris,
Nice pictures! Orchard Road is crowded all the time, before going there I needed to think twice.^O^

Chris Ting said...

Hi Uncle,
Yes, there are lots of people but including the people in the photos could also add to the festival mood.
Recently the weather is quite cooling so it is very enjoyable to see the lights-up in this cool weather.