Monday, November 2, 2009

My Day Off

Last Friday, I took a day off from work hoping to go to explore the Daily Farm and to take some pictures. Unfortunately on Thursday night around 12 midnight, the air-con in my room started leaking! I had to power it off and slept without air-conditioning. I woke up at 6am as it is really warm and I could not sleep well.

As usual, round 6.30am, my mum would go to tender to her potted plants. Recently, she got some fertilizer for her plants that really help the plants to grow much healthier and have more flowers. Even the neighbour's grandfather also stops to admire her flowers every time he walk pass our corridor!

As it was my off day, I decided to go out to see what my mum is doing. My mum was showing me her flowers when I noticed a big bird had just landed on one of the distance tree. I though it was an eagle because it looks much bigger then an average crow. I quickly ran back into my room to assemble my Canon D40 camera and my Canon100-400mm lens and ran out to take some pictures of the bird.

The bird was quite a distance away and was high up in the tree therefore it appears as a silhouette against the sky in my photos with its back facing me. As luck had it, the bird suddenly decided to turn around to face me and with the rising sun lighting up it face, I could now get some clearer frontal shots of the bird.

After triggering off around twenty over shots, the bird finally decided to fly away and I have to go to call my air-con serviceman to service the air-con. Even though, I did not get to go to explorer the Dairy Farm as planned, I'm happy that I had the opportunity to photograph the bird and got my air-con fixed.

I had to crop the photos to enlarge the image and increased the exposure to show more details on the bird. I could not confirm the bird species but I think it is an Oriental Honey Buzzard. If you could identify the bird, please drop me a comment. Thanks!








No comments: