Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A little kindness goes a long way!

On Monday, when I came to office, I was surprised to find a stalk of Bright Yellow Daisy on my desk and there was a “Thank You” card attached to the flower from our General Manager, Ms. Shirleen Kok. It was very nice of her to buy all of us a stalk of flower for the “World Kindness Day”! Despite her heavy work load, busy schedules and two young boys to care for, she still managed to spare a thought for all the colleagues in office! Thank you Shirleen!

The World Kindness Day falls on 13th November and it started around 1998, but frankly this year is the first time I heard about World Kindness Day! It is very refreshing to see a bright flower on my table after a long weekend (as I was on leave on Friday) and especially when the flower is from my boss!

Well, I hereby wish everyone a belated World Kindness Day and I would like to share my Bright Yellow Daisy with all of you. I hope this Daisy will brighten up your day just like it has brightened up my day on Monday!

If you would like to find out more about World Kindness Day, please go to the following URL: http://www.kindness.com.au/world_kindness_day.htm




No comments: