Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sentosa

Recently when my cousin is back for holiday with her two sons and she asked if I would like to go to Sentosa. I thought why not since I haven't been there for years. We planned it on a Tuesday afternoon because there will be less crowd and it is also her parents day-off. I brought my mum and my Aunty Khoony along since they too have not been to Sentosa for a long time.

What amazed me most is how 'hassle-free' it is to get to Sentosa. We took the North East line to Vivo City and took a lift up to 5th floor, bought a mono rail ticket and we are on our way to Sentosa within a few minutes. The new monorail ride is very comfortable and it is aircon.

There is a lot of face-lift and new attractions, some places still look the same but the access route has changed. The kids really enjoyed themselves running around and playing on the beach. I enjoyed myself by taking candid pictures of my mum, uncle and aunties chatting happily and laughing away and chasing after the two kids to have their pictures taken. I also managed to capture a beautiful sunset and I really enjoyed the 'Song of the Sea' performances. I wished I hadn't been so lazy and brought along a tripod because the laser show is really fantastic (to me at least)! I missed a lot of good pictures despite setting my camera as ISO1600 and frantically trying to stable my camera on my nephew's pram handle.

Nevertheless, I managed to get a few decent pictures to share with all of you.
1) This is the new monorail we board from Vivo City to Sentosa
















2) My two nephews from Australia
















3) A beautiful sunset taken from Sentosa beach























4) A little girl walked right into my viewfinder and it
adds a foreground interest to my picture!























5) Here are some pictures from the 'Song of the Sea' laser show





































































































































No comments: