Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ang Mo Kio - My Home Town

In 1976, my dad bought a new flat in Ang Mo Kio and we moved into the flat at the beginning of 1980 when I started my secondary school. Although it is only a small three room flat, I have live here happily for the past 28-years!

When we moved in to this flat, I did not like it at all because it is really small compared to where I have lived before. Somehow, I got used to living in a flat and have made lots of friends in the neighbourhood. It was also here that I met Shaun, my schoolmate, who eventually became my classmate and my good friend. Shaun got married and he is now living in Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6 but his mum is still living in the same block as me.

Over the years, I have grown to appreciate and love this old estate where I live. There is a Bishan Park just across a road and Lower Seletar Reserviour is just about 10 minutes walking distance from my home. Nature is just at my door step!

About a year ago, I received a letter from the HDB that our area was selected for enbloc (government is going to use the land for other projects) and we would have to move to another area nearer to Ang Mo Kio central in 2 years time.

In order to preserve the memories of my current estate, I took a lift to the 25th floor of a nearby flat and took some pictures of my estate. Here are the views of my estate from the 25th floor.




2 comments:

Anthony said...

Chris,

This means your living area is going to reduce...

Chris Ting said...

That's why I opted for a 95sq meter 4 room flat. Hopefully the living room area is bigger : )