Saturday, August 29, 2009

Quiet Side of Town

It has been a while since I was out taking photos for leisure. Lately I mainly took pictures of friends and colleagues gatherings. Last Saturday I decided to take out my Canon 5D MKII and the 24-105 lens out to take some pictures around town area.

I took the MRT to Outram Park and crossed over to Teo Hong Road to start taking pictures of buildings and walk-ways. My journey started from Teo Hong Road, to Neil Road, Duxton Road, Tanjong Pagar Road, Maxwell Road, Telok Ayer Street, Amoy Street, Boon Tat Street, Robinson Road, Collyer Quay, Fullerton Road, Connaught Road, Colemen Street, and finally to Hill Street to take bus home.

Although the whole journey took me around three hours, I do not find it tiring at all because I was enjoying myself, taking pictures and studying the various architectural designs between the old and new buildings! I was really amazed to find that most of the streets were very quiet. There is hardly any a vehicle or people on the street on weekend. At times, I could even stand in the middle of the street to compose my shots and taking pictures without being knocked down by car! On the contrary, if it is a week days, the streets would be packed with people and vehicles.

Here are some pictures from the Quiet Side of Town to share with you. Enjoy!











































4 comments:

Anthony said...

Chris,

Thanks for sharing.
If I remember the fairfield methodist church use to me a cinema right.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,
You are right, my uncle told me it used to be a cinema in the past.

Edwin said...

照片拍得很好,新旧交替。那些古老的建筑都会说话,告诉人们什么是历史。

Chris Ting said...

Hi Uncle, thank you for your comments!