Monday, August 10, 2009

Shanghai Night Wedding Dinner

I have been a freelance wedding photographer for many years and had attended so many weddings in the past, but this is the first wedding dinner I attended that has a wedding theme. The theme is "Shanghai Night"!

Like many of my colleagues, I was very surprised to see a wedding theme written on the back of the invitation card’s envelope. After receiving the wedding invitations, there were discussions of what to wear and what accessories to get for the wedding dinner. I think the couple is very successful in creating some excitements among the invitees. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to the wedding dinner and would want to look their best for the night as there is also a Best Dress competition and there will be prizes for the winners!

At the wedding, a lot of ladies came in their beautiful Cheongsams or QiPaos and men in retro suits and hats! The ballroom settings and old Chinese songs playing in the background all added up to create a very retro “Shanghai Night” atmosphere!

Yup, as usual, I brought along a compact camera (Canon S80) and went around taking pictures and some videos of my colleagues in their retro outfits! I have a wonderful time chatting with colleagues, catching up with ex-colleagues, taking group photos and making funny poses! Well, it’s a happy occasion so have to enjoy myself!

Here are some of the photos my colleagues in their beautiful cheongsams!








No comments: