Thursday, May 29, 2008

Welcome to Malacca

Whenever I visit Malacca, there is a phrase that always comes to my mind and it is "Let's paint the town red!” During my secondary school days, my friends and I love to go to Orchard Road on weekends to have fun and we always tell each other "let's go and paint the town red!” I guess someone in Malacca probably have that in mind too therefore he or she gave the order to paint some of the prominent buildings in Malacca red or reddish brown!

Malacca is a total contrast from the earlier town we visited. It is a more vibrant town, full of tourists and interesting sites to visit. I love the Jonker Street where there's a lot of good food and pasar malam (night market) selling all kinds of interesting hats, shirts, footwear, arts, antiques, toys and so on! There are so many photo opportunities for the shutterbugs.

I took many pictures in Malacca itself and I have a difficult time picking up the pictures to showcase. Even though, I tried my very best to eliminate lots of pictures, I still ended up with 20 plus pictures to share with all of you. I hope you will enjoy viewing the photos I have taken.
























6 comments:

Toycarsmy said...

When did you go to Melake?

Anthony said...

Chris,

At last saw your upload photos.

Thanks for sharing this photos.

I like the red wooden clogs,it reminds last time hawkers use to wear this and we can hear the clog clog sounds... :-)

Chris Ting said...

Hi Yeo,
I went to Muar and Malacca on the 17th of May. It was a day trip, left Singapore in the morning, drive to Muar then to Malacca. Returned to Singapore 18th May, 0030hr.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,
Yes, finally uploaded the Malacca photos. Quite busy later, therefore the Malacca pictures were delayed.
Yes, many chinese hawkers used to wear clogs in the olden day, our family used it for toilet, hehehe. Nowadays, hardly find people wearing clogs therefore its interesting to see it selling in Malacca!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Happy Dumpling Festival!

Irene

Chris Ting said...

Hi Irene,

Happy Dumpling Festival to you too!
Hope you have lots of dumplings yesterday : )