Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A rare visitor

Every weekend this little sunbird loves to fly to my mum's flower and chirp away. I often standby my camera with a 70-300mm lens hoping to take some pictures of this little swift bird but it always fly away before I could even bring my camera up to take a picture. This time I managed I take two shots before it flew away.

On Sunday, I was standing by the door waiting for the little sunbird but something "big" flew by. I quickly raise my camera and trigger of a shot. It then landed on a tree trunk but was hidden by the leaves. Suddenly there was a light breeze that exposed the hidden bird and I quickly took another picture. Before I could even review the image on my camera, the bird lifted itself to a taking off posture and I quickly pre-focus my lens and took a shot as it flew off.




































2 comments:

Anthony said...

Hi Chris;

quite sometime never visist your blog.This is really somethings rare we see in our daily life...thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,
Welcome back to my blog again. Its just some snap shots here and there. Glad you like the pictures. Thanks!