Sunday, December 6, 2009

Canon Power Seminar & My 1st Hippo Bus Ride

Yesterday I attended a seminar organised by Canon and MediaCorp at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Canon invited two local DJs (Power 98.7 Daniel Ong and YES 93.3 Mary Bukoh), a MediaCorp artist Tay Ping Hui and their in-house Trainer Jino Lee to talk about their experiences on using PowerShot cameras, like the new S90 and G11.

There is a $10 registration fee to attend this seminar but it is more than worth the cost! Firstly, Canon will donate the $10 to Children Charity. Secondly, I get to see the beautiful places these speakers visited and captured with their cameras. Thirdly, coffee, tea, cookies and fruits were being served. Fourthly, participants also received a copy of Mary Bukoh's Traveling Pictures Book and a Canon voucher. Finally, participants get to hop on to a Hippo Bus for a free ride from Mandarin Oriental to Tangling Mall and return through Orchard Road, Brass Basah Road, Suntec City and Marina Square stretch, and Singapore Flyer then back to Mandarin Oriental hotel.

The weather was quite cooling when we boarded the Hippo Bus around 6.40 p.m. As it was my first time on an open top double decker bus, I was very excited because I could get a different view point for my pictures! It started to drizzle when the bus reached the Orchard Boulevard junction behind ION shopping mall. I continued take taking pictures while the other participants went to the lower deck to take shelter or kept their camera away! When we reached the new opened Orchard 313, the rain got heavier and I'm forced to open my umbrella. It is quite a hassle to be holding an umbrella and battling the wind on a moving open top double decker bus, and balancing myself and shooting with one hand but I continued to take pictures until we made it back to the hotel!

My Canon 5DMKII, the 24-105 lens and the 580MKII flash were drenched in the rain. When I reached the hotel I went to the toilet to get some serviettes to dry my camera equipment and kept it in my dry cabinet when I got home. Hopefully my camera will continue to function properly when I take it out for my next Sunday Canon EOS Experience outing! Yes, next Sunday, I will get to try out the new Canon EOS 1D MKIV camera!

Here are some pictures I took from the upper deck of the Hippo Bus.


































No comments: