Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sadly, they are gone

I was reading the newspaper last week and I saw an article that Kodak will soon cease the production of my favourites Kodachrome film as it is no longer viable for their business. It was a pity because Kodachrome produces the most true to life colour and it was claimed the images would last up to a 100 years! Although I have only shot a few rolls of Kodachrome in the past, I really loved the colour it produces. I would have shot more on Kodachrome but at $14.50 per roll and having to send to Japan or Australia for processing and having to wait around 2 weeks to see the captured images were just too much for me!

On the following day, I again read in the newspaper that Farrah Fawcett has died of cancer at the age of 62. I have grown up watching the Charlie’s Angels TV Series on television during my primary school days and enjoyed watching the 3 beautiful women on TV. Finally, it was news that Michael Jackson has died of cardiac arrest at the age of 50! I watched Michael performing on TV, with his brothers in The Jacksons Five, during his younger days and followed his songs to the nineties. Some of my favourite Michael Jackson songs include Ben, Billie Jean and Beat It.

Well, I guess it is part and parcel of life that we will have lots of experiences with good things come and go. Let not the good things that are gone pull us down, we must move on with our lives and look forward to the future for it is there that we will be heading towards!

2 comments:

Edwin said...

生命无常,要把握当下!

Chris Ting said...

Yes, Sir! Noted : )