Saturday, March 28, 2009

Funny Signage

One weekday afternoon I was walking pass the Sri Mariamman Temple on South Bridge Road, I saw a Caucasian couple pointing to a signage at the temple entrance and smiling sheepishly. I was thinking what so funny about the signage? So out of curiosity I walked up to the signature to take a closer look and guess what is written on the signage? The signage states: "Erection in Progress"! Hahaha...

Now I know why the couple is smiling sheepishly! The temple is about to be renovated and the construction workers were putting up some scaffoldings. The signage is there to warn visitors of the work in progress and to be careful when standing near the scaffoldings.

I guess someone may have found the wordings inappropriate in this situation because when I walked passed the temple again few days later the signage has been replaced. The new signage now states: "Scaffolding in progress".

These pictures are taken with my Nokia E71 mobile phone.

1 comment:

Edwin said...

Chris,
Yes,it's funny. I was there last Thurday but never notic it.