Sunday, May 24, 2009

Beetle-Mania

I have always been fascinated about fast cars, especially Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. The aerodynamic design and power of these cars never fails to amaze me. However, I also have a soft-spot for Volkswagen Beetle!

When I was young my dad used to borrow my uncle's Volkswagen Beetle and drove us around sight-seeing on Sundays. As my dad seldom drive, sometimes he would lost the way and spend hours trying to find the way home. Somehow, I couldn't careless about not finding the way home, I just enjoy the scenery, the loud engine noise coming from the back and the company of my parent and sister. Yes, unlike the usual cars, the Volkswagen Beetle's engine is located at the back of the vehicle instead of the front.

I don't think I will ever own a Volkswagen Beetle so I love collecting Volkswagen Beetle toy cars. Here are some Volkswagen Beetles in my collections and a photo of myself beside my uncle's Volkswagen Beetle. The photo is taken by my sister using a Kodak Instamatic X76 camera. I was in Primary 4 then hence the picture looks a bit murky :)












No comments: