Sunday, February 1, 2009

Two Kingfishers in Bishan Park

Last Wednesday, I went back to Lower Pierce Reserviour hoping to find the White Bellied Sea Eagles I photographed some weeks back but to my disappointment it was no where to be found!

As I walked back to Bishan Park, I stopped by the drain area where a resident White Throated Kingfisher used to perch on the railing hoping to take some pictures of the kingfisher.

I waited for around 10 minutes and the kingfisher appears. I was delighted to see the kingfisher again and it is the first time I saw it with a catch! As I started taking photos a second kingfisher appears and perched side by side the other.

Wow, I was so happy that the kingfisher has found a mate or probably the later is its off-spring because I saw it passing the catch to the later!

Following are some pictures of the two kingfishers and some captions I added.



No comments: