Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dangerous bend

To all drivers out there, I would like to share with you a slight yet very dangerous road bend in front of Toa Payoh Block 159. If you are travelling from Jalan Toa Payoh turning towards Toa Payoh Central it is likely that you will pass by this bend.

The bend does not look very curve but please do slow down when approaching this bend, especially when it is drizzling or raining because the road can get very slippery. I know because my uncle lives in the block and his house is facing the bend. I have personally witnessed many motor-cycles and cars skidded when manoeuvring this bend during rainy days. Those who are speeding along may result in more serious injuries!

On 9th of December 2007, I was in my uncle house watching television programme and suddenly I heard a loud bang coming from the main road. It was raining and I know immediately another car must have skidded along the bend. When I look outside, true enough a car had skidded and mounted the curve facing in the oncoming traffic direction! It was very unlucky that a man in the front seat had knocked his head against the front windscreen and his fore-head was bleeding from a deep cut but thanks GOD it was not very serious. The front left hand side of the car was quite badly damaged. The European lady was the driver and the man is her friend. They have just finished doing a charity work and it was very unlucky that the accident happened. I hope the man had fully recovered.

Enclosed are some pictures I took with my cousin's Sony digital camera to share with you. Do be careful and reduce speed if you are driving along this bend. To all drivers, drive carefully and have a safe journey always!




























































































No comments: