Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Return to Nature

Recently most of my photography subjects have been revolving around human subjects. As today is a public holiday in Singapore, Hari Raya Haji, I thought why not re-visit my favourite haunt, the Lower Pierce Reserviour (LPR), to take some nature or macro photography.

Initially, I was feeling quite lethargic because I have to wake up earlier on a holiday and set out from home around 6.30 a.m. When I reached LPR, many people were already there for their morning exercises!

The morning was very cooling because it was raining most of the afternoon the day before. I took a deep breath of the fresh morning air and immediately I felt revitalised! I watched the mirror like water surface of the reserviour as the sun slowly creep up over the horizon lighting up all the dark corners of the reserviour. A beautiful morning has begun!

I wished I could just sit on bench and watch the world goes by but I have a mission on hand. I'm here to take some nature or macro photography!




















6 comments:

GreteR.M. said...

Awesome photos and very good quality!:D

Chris Ting said...

Hi Grete. Thank you for your kind comment!

Anthony said...

CHris,

These are many peoples missing....nature.
It have a lots of life in the nature,we need to look carefully and have a sharp eyes to spot these insects.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures.

Chris Ting said...

Hi Anthony,

Good to hear from you again! Yes, I think these tiny insects plays an important part in our eco-system. Admit, tracking them down and photographing them is really not easy. They always choose some very weird places to hide and we have to bend or knee or stretched to very awkward position to photography them. Hence when the pictures turn out nice, its really very rewarding.

Anthony said...

Chris,

It remind me, as a kids catching spider...need to serch high and low...hahaha

Chris Ting said...

Hehehe : ))