Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lim Chu Kang Jetty

Last Friday was a public holiday (Hari Raya Pausa) and it started raining around 11 am in morning so I just lazed around the house doing some readings and surfing the Internet. Around 4pm I received a call from a colleague asking me if I'm keen to go out to take photos and off course I replied: "Yes!”

I packed my gears and went down to meet him and we headed to Dairy Farm in Bukit Timah but we couldn't find the entrance to the park so we headed to Kranji Park to take some micro photography of insects. There were lots of insects and lots of mosquitoes too! After a short while, we couldn't stand bitten by the mossies so I suggested going to take photo of an old jetty at the coastal area of Lim Chu Kang Road.

The old jetty has been there for a long time, I went there during my Pre-University years back in the eighties and the jetty is still there today. Surprisingly, it is still as busy as it was years ago. Small bum boat fetches passengers to and from the off-shore kelongs. Fish mongers also use the jetty to load their trucks with fishes from the kelong and suppliers use the jetty to send fish food to the kelongs. Of course, there are the occasion fishing enthusiasts using the jetty to get to their favourite fish spots! To us photographers, it is a good opportunity to capture people going about their business.

So here are some photos I took at the old jetty.








No comments: