Friday, April 2, 2010

Photographers' Night Out

On Thursday evening, when most people were sound asleep, I joined a group of photographers to take pictures through the night. When my colleague, Eugene Leong, approached me with the idea to join this group outing, I thought he must be crazy. I would rather spend the night sleeping then roving around town with my camera taking pictures!

After Eugene furnished me with the itinerary, I decided to forgo my sleep to join the outing. As it was Good Friday the following day, I could still catch some sleep in the morning if I'm tired. We met at the Merlion around 11pm to take pictures of Singapore's skyline then went to Geylang for supper around 2am. After supper, we proceed to Jurong Fishery and finally to East Coast to take sunrise pictures.

When I was out taking pictures, I'm surprised to find there were still many people around the Esplanade area well passed midnight. As we were heading towards Geylang for supper, the various Lorongs were buzzing with life and the Jurong Fishery was full of activities in the wee hours of the morning!

In the past, I have heard about the Jurong Fishery but I have never been there. I'm glad that I join this group to experience what it was like at the fishery. It started raining when we were leaving the fishery. Rain could spoil a beautiful sunrise but it has not dampened the group spirit. The friendliness of the members easily made up for the less spectacular sunrise!

The outing ended around 8am, Eugene and I went to Casuarina Road for some Roti Pratas before heading home. Yes, I was dead tired when I reached home. After a hot shower, I went straight to bed until 1pm!

































No comments: