Sunday, April 19, 2009

Insect Macro Photography

Recently I got interested in macro-photography after reading some interesting articles on the Internet about the insects’ world. It seems that we could remove the entire animal from a jungle and there will be no harm to the jungle but if we were to remove all the insects from the same jungle, the whole ecology will collapse! This goes to show how important insects are to our jungle. There are million species of insects in our world and many have yet to be identified.

The Lower Pierce Reserviour is again a favorite haunt for me to photograph little insects as it is just walking distance from my house. Last Friday I went and took my first series of insect pictures but due to my laziness for not bringing my tripod and proper strobes, most of my pictures turned out to be disastrous! I have learnt my lesson and will be better equipped on my next trip.

Here are some "so so" photos to share. Hopefully with my new macro-setup I could take some better pictures on my future trips.












No comments: